Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah!
Thanks Allah for the tremendous success.
So, what’s the secret and other lessons learned?
As for the secrets, we are going to share them in a marketing class inshaAllah. But to give you three quick ones:
- Integrated marketing (offline, online, word of mouth, PR)
- HalalBucks co-bazaar participation, where say member A of HalalBucks club sells the products of member B at one bazaar in exchange for member B selling the products of member A in another bazaar. This way you save the money of participating in two bazaars or events.
- Cause-related marketing and buzz marketing.
As for lessons learned, here are the top 3 ones:
- If you are giving away free samples, focus on the word “sample” not on “free.” That means you need to let people try it, not here you go, “A free copy of the Quran.” Especially, when your sample involves some time and efforts for people to try it.
- The total cost of selling may be more than you anticipate: Inventory storing, tracking, shipment & handling, online payment fees, billing & collection, marketing & promotion, and finally your opportunity cost.
- To make money, you need to rely on repeated customers, and staying for the long run. Especially when you sell a new product, like Kalimaat.
*HalalBucks Club is an exclusive business coaching and implementation club. You can join by invitation-only.