Ask yourself why do people delete junk mails and throw away junk flyers?
The answer tells you what you should avoid. But, how can you turn your marketing flyers into gifts?
Recently, a client of our marketing service (http://HalalBuzz.com) printed some fliers for us to distribute. The good thing Alhamdulilah, HalalBuzz is unique, we don’t simply give out the flyers but we tie the business with the community/audience, and let someone in the community announce about the flyers.
Wouldn’t be nicer if those fliers (flyers) where like valuable gifts instead of throw away junk mails?
The key secret is to turn your marketing materials into gifts. How do you give a gift? What kind of gifts you like the most? Here are three tips for you:
- Make them relevant to the recipients
- Customize them: Good gifts are not another junk in your garage that you don’t want to keep so you are giving them away. For flyers you can actually customize them by printing the communities name (Tips for parents living in California, or special discounts for ABC members)
- Create conversations with your flyers: E.g. a quiz where they can test their family members.
- Put call for actions: Put special tracking numbers on the flyer and tell them to go to your website to see the winning member each Friday
- Make it valuable: Imagine the impact if instead of receiving a flyer about a Hajj tour with pricing and so on, you get instead 10 tips to select a Hajj package, which one holds more value to the reader? Oh, even better if you know how to incorporate stories!
So, next time if you want to use flyer as a marketing vehicle, think about their contents.
Make your fliers as gifts not junks.