*This is a way to help both business and generate Sadaqah, inshaAllah.*
As we mentioned earlier about our HalalBuzz promotional service, we would like to explain here more about the 1/3 business model that we want to experiment with, inshaAllah.
The 1/3 model is mentioned in a hadtih where a man heard a voice from the cloud saying irrigate the garden of so and so; he then followed the cloud and saw a man in the garden and asked him what he did to earn this reward (dedicated rain from Allah). He said, whenever I have harvest, I keep a third for my family to eat, I donate a third, and I put back a third back to the garden. So, HalalBuzz wants to experiment donating 1/3 of our revenues, keeping 1/3 for the company, and giving 1/3 for those who spread the buzz.
Some people told us that it’s too much to give away 1/3, but still we want to try it and hope it works, inshaAllah.
So, we want to do this idea with the current buzz campaign (click to see).
Here is how it works:
- This campaign revenue is $117. On top of that, we will give $1 for reach tweet and $1 for reach facebook link, according to the counters on the halalbuzz site. (Up to $1000, inshaAllah).
- We will donate the 1/3 to one of the non-profit projects of our members.
- To help, you can blog, send this link (http://halalbuzz.com/buzz/archives/142) to your friends, or post it on your facebook
- To decide which non-profit project, you vote by leaving a comment. For example, “I just [sent/blogged about this and put the link] and I vote the 1/3 sadaqah to go to such and such school or project.”
- The non-profit that gets most votes, will get the 1/3 of this buzz.
So, what do you think about this idea?
For our HalalBucks readers who want to learn how to start a business, other than the idea and a website, we are putting $1000 as a seed for this campaign. Of course, we have also invested in building a mailing list over the years.
Alhamdulillah, right now HalalBuzz has several projects waiting in line. We haven’t decided to take on all these clients, because our goal inshaAllah to make sure that our clients are fully satisfied and have their goals achieved.
Here is a partial list:
1- http://knowinterest.com Alhamdulillah, they covered their investment within the first day of sending out a mass email.
2- Ad-Duha home school Islamic children courses, who has an interesting story for this HalalBuzz campaign. One of their customer loved their product so much that she paid us to promote them, subhanaAllah.
3- Test preparation service for students 13-17 age
4- Muslim social networking site
5- Women clothing, click only if you are a sister